Northumbrian Woodland Burials is ran and owned by Husband and Wife team, Scott and Laura Clarehugh.
The site is based on a former Royal Air Force base, now known as Eshott Airfield. Made up of made up of 38 acres, most of which is now woodland and meadows, ideal for short walks. The woodland is planted out with trees indigenous to Northumberland. The roads built by the RAF in 1943 are still visable, along with five concrete hard stands, previously used to tie down the spitfire airplanes. At its peak RAF Eshott was home to over 100 Spitfire aircraft. After World War ll the airfield was reduced in size and broken up into the surrounding farmland.
Northumbrian Woodland Burials was founded Scotts father, Steve Clarehugh. In 2002, some 16,000 trees where planted by Steve (and with the help of a very young Scott) these now make up Merlin and Griffon Wood and form the beautiful woodlands you see here today. It is the largest natural burial ground in Northumberland, and has long been a place for locals and visitors to come and spend a quite moment.
Scott and Laura have proudly taken over the reigns since Steves passing. Their aim is to develop the natural beauty of the site and to offer a peaceful place for reflection for loved ones who visit.